1. When making a booking, let us know if you have 4C curls (very coily/kinky curls). * We may need to charge more for curls that require extra attention and care. We are always happy to provide a written estimate in advance.
2. Bring in photos! The more the merrier so that we can see what style, vibe, texture, and colour you want. Find inspiration on Pinterest and our Instagram page.
3. Arrive at our salon with your hair thoroughly dry and in its natural state. (unstyled, no ponytails, braids, clips, flat irons, blow dry)
4. Caring for your locks If you're not protecting your hair at home, you're making your life harder than it should be. Using the correct products for your hair type, prolongs the Salon life of your hair. Professional hair products are highly concentrated, meaning you have to use less product in your hair to achieve the results you want. At the start of your appointment is your consultation where your stylist will diagnose your hair and recommend what type of products you should be using.
5. To help develop your best natural curl, stop using products with sulfates, silicones or heavy oils before your appointment. Ditching those ingredients .will make your hair softer, more hydrated and more defined, which will allow the stylist to see your true curl type.
6. Plan accordingly We have limited availability, so if you are running late on the day call the Salon ASAP. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your booking, we may not be able to perform your complete service or may need to rebook as it can affect other client bookings. We do our best to accommodate last minute changes, however if we are fully booked with clients we unfortunately won't be able to go ahead with a booking. If you are a no-show you may be asked to pay a 50% deposit for your next scheduled appointment.
7. It's a Hair Journey Be patient, your desired result may not be achievable with just one visit to the salon. We'll guide you every step of the way.
We look forward to meeting you and your gorgeous curls!
Bring bangs back - inspiration from French beauty Brigittte Bardot
Take inspiration from French beauty Brigittte Bardot and ask for ‘Brigitte Bangs’ the next time you visit. This look has been sported by the likes of Chloe Grace Moretz, Penelope Cruz, Alexa Chung, Taylor Swift and Goldie Hawn to name a few. The key is to find the right style for your face.
If you hop over to Pinterest and search for Bardot bangs, you'll find endless inspiration!
Root stretching & contouring is on the up and up so we thought we'd give you a quick explanation so that you're not left in the dark.
Root stretching is a technique where one blends out the natural root color. Why? Well, this gets rid of any obvious regrowth. Months later, the colouration looks natural and blended. First we paint on the color as in a normal root touch up and then we weave out sections of the hair like balayage to “stretch” the root colouration around a quarter or even halfway down the hair.
Contour coloring or “contourage” works in a similar way to the make-up technique. It's a technique specifically used to accentuate or soften facial features. We use darker tones to add depth to areas that you want to appear softer or more drawn in, and lighter shades to enhance other areas or make them appear brighter. Your hair surrounds your face and can make a huge difference to how you see your face shape.
The most balanced face shape is oval, so the concept of colour contouring is designed to balance out a variety of face shapes to make them appear more oval. Come in and see us and we can create a colour formula just for you.
On trending: Bleached blonde buzzcuts
From Ruth Bell and Kristen Stewart, to Katy Perry, Zoe Kravitz and Cara Delevingne, the A-list are all obsessing with the bleached blonde buzzcut.
Celebs are going for a short crop and keeping texture in the hair and the most popular colour is platinum-blond.
Take your face shape into consideration if you’re considering this look. For a rounder face, keep it a little longer on top to elongate the face.
Classic updos to Boho down dos with 1920’s waves and braids seem to be trending at the moment. Replacing the common bun with braids offers a modern and more fascinating festive hairstyle. Braids combined with curls creates texture and fullness.
Plaits might not be anything new but this year it’s all about leaving things loose. “The fact that they are soft and slightly undone gives them an element of modern romance,” says Adam Reed, “Not every hair is in place and it’s not over clean and over tidy. The braid itself is the dominant feature of all these looks.”
Natural flowers entwined into curls gives a whimsical flair for an elegant wedding ceremony and floral headpieces have replaced the glittering tiara.
We love Julianne Hough's tousled hair, going into summer this is an easy style to achieve. Beach head waves, sexy and sultry. This style can be worn slightly longer or shorter, either way it is incredibly versatile and flattering.
The Lob…that’s it in a nutshell. It is a tour de force cut that universally flatters on all hair types and face shapes. The lob is so chic and also looks fantastic whatever the season. Crop it short for a 1920,s feel, longer tousled smooth or straight. The celebrities that have recently done the lob are Kate Hudson, Sienna Miller, Rachael McAdams and my favourite is Jennifer Lawrence… that girl can do no wrong.